Step into music with your class this term!
A 10-week music project for EYFS, KS1 and SEND settings
Join Aurora Orchestra for a term of music-making
- Meet orchestral instruments
- Explore all elements of music
- Sing and create music
- Use classroom instruments
- Incorporate music as part of free-flow time
- Prepare your own performance
High quality CPD included for all teachers
Our CPD sessions provide support and creative ideas for leading music in the classroom as well as a network for teachers to share their experiences with others.
Every teacher a music teacher
For every music activity you can choose to:
- follow a teaching film with Aurora’s workshop leader, Jessie, or
- lead the activity yourself, using Aurora’s audio recordings
This unique feature provides pathways for teachers who want to explore delivering music themselves for the first time, as well as hundreds of creative ideas for experienced music teachers.
- Mapped against the national curriculum and the Model Music Curriculum, our schemes of work are accompanied with ‘at a glance’ mapping documents to summarise what is covered each week and show progression.
- We have also provided a programme summary document which details how the resources are sequenced and will support you through the Ofsted ‘deep dive’ process.
- Every activity and lesson plan includes a summary of learning objectives covered which can be downloaded as a PDF. Assessment frameworks are also provided.
New content every year
A new music project will be added to these resources every year, giving members access to brand new content every September. Look out for our next programme, the Meet the instruments, launching in 2023.
Aurora Orchestra believes in music for all. We present vibrant orchestral adventures to people of all ages across the world, and believe that all children should have access to brilliant orchestral music.
We have made these resources because we believe passionately that music can have an enormous impact on a child’s life and education. We want to support teachers in helping children to develop a relationship with music from an early age.